The Church of St. Mary the Virgin is mostly 13th century and is a building of local ironstone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave, south porch and a western tower, with pinnacles containing five bells and a clock. The font is 14th century and is of plain stone. It was thoroughly restored and reseated in 1852. In 1874 a vestry was added and the chancel restored. More restoration work wasdone in 1929 at a cost of nearly £5000 and Mr. Agnew, Chairman of the Directors of “Punch Magazine”, gave much of this.